Compact Identity is a solution developed by ILANTUS that solves the identity and access related issues of SMBs (say up to 1000 users). It is a complete solution that automates the entire lifecycle of identity and access management. It includes access governance for audits and compliance and everything from single sign-on to password management and birth-right to access request based account provisioning.
Lightweight and economical, it is available as a customized package that can be installed in less than one day. Its maintenance is simple and is a part of ILANTUS’ Managed Services.
- Our employees have been complaining that remembering credentials has been getting more and more difficult as the number of apps used is continually increasing. They have also been complaining about the inconvenience of logging in multiple times to access various apps.
- Our sales people have been complaining about difficulties related to logging in to apps and about not being able to login from their mobile devices. They are usually travelling and simply cannot use their laptops.
- One of our managers complained that it took the company 3 days to provide him with the requested access to a new app. This was because the approval from the manager got lost somewhere in the system.
- One of our senior managers suspected that his password for SAP might have been compromised as he saw updates in the financial system that he had not made.
- Our employees are complaining that it is taking too long for the help-desk to reset their forgotten passwords. This problem was aggravated since we reduced the help-desk head count to cut on costs.
- Just the other day we completed our security audit and obtained a poor rating. This was because we were not able to provide the most updated list of who had access to which apps. This was not the only problem - there was a discrepancy between the AD and the financial application access information.
- Our Security & Risk (S&R) department is getting increasingly worried about the fact that our corporate data is being accessed from mobile devices without adequate access control mechanisms.
- Our management feels that there is a need to have better authentication for apps.
- Our organization has many machines that are not in our AD network as they have their own user store. Resetting forgotten passwords on them is troublesome. Besides this, the S&R department is constantly worried about the compromise of access due to people noting down passwords.
- Our audit department wants effective orphan accounts reporting. They would like to see that the apps, HR system and AD have consistency from the point of view of who has access to what. They want automated reports as well as a proof of auditing. Currently, reports from these different apps do not match when it comes to accessed information.
- We have some systems on the shop floor that are shared by many people. Proper access management is lacking and shared ids lack appropriate audit controls.
- Active Directory licenses are getting more expensive and management feels that the cost is not justified for users who do not use IT systems regularly. The junior employees on the shop floor usually access IT systems monthly to check for their pay slips and to access the HR welfare portal.
- Employees complain about the consistency in user experience between logging in from laptop and a mobile device. They would like to have the same experience - preferably one which looks like a mobile app.