Job: Head of Engineering
Experience: 10 + years
About Identity Access Management (IAM) domain
Identity Access Management (IAM) is one of the three highest growth technologies in IT industry. The global identity access management system market can expect an astounding 16% CAGR to reach a valuation of USD 24 billion during the forecast period (2018-2022). This domain has two main streams: Identity Governance and Administration (IGA) and Access Management (AM).
According to Gartner the leading market analyst; by 2021, IGA as a Service becomes the dominant delivery model for new deployments, where 40% of new buyers will opt for cloud-architecture IGA and 15% for cloud-hosted IGA software, up from 5% and less than 5%, respectively, in 2018.
Ilantus (https://www.ilantus.com) is one of the global leaders in IAM, known for technical innovation (3 international patents) and customer service in US. Ilantus is at the most exciting phase of its 18-year-old history.
Compact Identity is the world’s first compact product that offers both Access Management & Identity Governance & Administration features.
Our product is already in the leadership quadrant of various analyst reports.
On the threshold of historical success, Ilantus has exciting career opportunities for leaders who would like to write history.
We are looking for a right candidate for “Head of Engineering” position. Right candidates will have the good opportunities to make money through ESOPs in addition to the regular compensation packages.
- Review requirements/features and define solution.
- Guide the team in preparing use-cases, specifications & its plan as per the business requirements
- Identify & highlight changes & review technical feasibility.
- Acts as a key contact to management and stakeholders.
- Work with the product and business team to plan, design and develop these new features and enhancements.
- Review/Analyze product issues and address them with internal & partner resources.
- Use Agile process to manage Engineering deliverables in cooperation with product engineering teams.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on best practices, process changes, and standards as part of continuous process improvement.
- Responsible for hiring and developing employees to ensure that the product deliveries in accordance with the company’s business processes.
- Provide coaching and leadership to staff
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent (preferred)
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience building highly scalable web-based software systems, utilizing N-tier architectures
- Experience in handling larger teams
- Experience in co-ordination with other stake holders
- Strong expertise in the following Java-based technologies
- Spring, Hibernate Frameworks
- REST-API development
- Spring Security, Integration
- Solid Object Oriented (OO) analysis and design skills and experience working with design patterns
- Strong understanding of SOA secured protocols (HTTPS), data formats (XML, JSON), performance scaling, transactional data consistency and security
- Strong understanding of development of multi-tenanted cloud-based application
- Agile/Scrum development cycle understanding
- Thorough understanding of relational databases such as MySQL and No-SQL DBs like MongoDB
- Experience designing, building and testing Java EE applications with exposure to Angular UI, HTML5
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
- Experience in unit test automation and test-driven development
- Experience in working with DevOps CI/CD process
- Understanding of test automation process
- Good knowledge of Configuring shell scripts and build tools like Git, Jenkins and Maven