Tips Gartner’s Magic quadrant (MQ) vs Critical Capabilities Matrix in Access Management
- Critical Capabilities matrix rather than MQ should be looked upon first if you are shortlisting a technology.
- MQ vendors may not be great in certain areas (Example: Geography like Asia-Pacific, less than 5000 employees etc)
- Legacy application coverage is a differentiator.
- Banking & Govt. are finally just about beginning to adopt cloud single sign-on & Access Management.
- MQ is almost old by the time it is published. It takes 6 – 9 months to prepare it, relative position of technology providers changes by then, sometimes quite significantly.