What is Compact Identity
“Compact Identity” is a solution developed by ILANTUS. It solves the identity and access related issues of small and medium businesses (up to 1000 users). It is an end-to-end solution that automates the entire lifecycle of identity and access Management. It includes everything right from Single Sign-On to Password Management, from birth right to Access request based account provisioning, and Access Governance for basic audits and compliance.
It is light weight and economical and is available as a customized package that can be installed in less than one day. Its maintenance is simple and is a part of ILANTUS Managed Services.
- Our employees have also been complaining that remembering credentials has been getting more and more difficult as the number of applications used is constantly increasing. They are also complaining about the inconvenience of logging in multiple times to access various apps.
- Sales people have been complaining about difficulties related to logging in to applications and not being able to login from their mobile devices. They are usually travelling and simply cannot use their laptops.
- Another manager complained that it took the company 3 days to provide him with the new application access that he requested. This was because the approval from the manager got lost somewhere in the system.
- One of our senior managers suspected that his password for SAP might have been compromised as he saw updates in the financial system that were not made by him.
- Employees are constantly complaining that it is taking too long for the help-desk to reset their forgotten passwords. This problem was aggravated as we had reduced the help-desk head count to cut on costs.
- Just the other day we completed our security audit and once again obtained a poor rating. This was because we were not able to provide the most updated list of who had access to which applications. This was not the only problem, there was a discrepancy between the AD and the financial application access information.
- The “Security & Risk Organisation”department is getting increasingly worried as our corporate data is being accessed from mobile devices without an adequate access control mechanism being in place.
- Management feels that there is a need to have better authentication for some of the applications.
- Our Company has many machines that cannot be in our AD network as they have their own user store. Resetting forgotten passwords on them is troublesome . Besides, the S&R department is constantly worried about the compromise of access due to people noting down passwords.
- Our Audit Department wants effective” Orphan Accounts Reporting”. They would like to see that the AD, HR system and apps have consistency from the point of view of who has access to what application. They want automated reports as well as a proof of auditing. Currently, reports from these different applications do not match when it comes to accessed information.
- We have some systems on the shop floor that are shared by many people. Proper access management techniques are lacking as shared id’s lack appropriate audit controls.
- Active Directory licenses are getting more expensive and management feels that the cost is not justified for users who do not use IT systems regularly. An example is junior employees on the shop floor that mostly access IT systems monthly to check for their pay slips and to access the HR welfare portal.
- Employees complain about the consistency in user experience between logging in from laptop and a mobile device. They would like to have an identical experience and preferably one which looks like a mobile app"
All solutions that were considered were too complicated. They were also beyond their budget.